Friday, September 15, 2006

Yesterday's Blog Today

iPod morning commute music: Bob Dylan, Modern Times (2006)

Again. I actually have listened to other stuff since the last time I posted, but the Dylan keeps pulling me in. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

This IS getting stupid. I'm so busy at work I don't have time to post, and I'm so tired at night I don't feel like doing anything other than watching TV. Things are getting better at work, though: I'm about two weeks ahead of myself in planning.

Our TV went belly up last Saturday, so Kaoru and I had to buy a new one. With the move to complete high definition TV coming in 2011 here in Japan, it only made sense to but an HD TV. We ended up getting a nice one, a Hitachi Woo 37" Plasma with a built in 250 GB HDD. What the hell? We figure this TV will be with us for the next 10 to 15 years, so we went with a good one. It is cool.

Tatsu finally started working at the local Thriftway. I suspect it is strange for him to go from the life of a student to the life of a worker, Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. I think it is a good job for him, though. The pay is above minimum wage, it's a union job, so he can eventually get health coverage (his Japanese insurance only covers the minimum overseas), and he can get to meet a lot of the local people. Also, when he goes to college, he can always look for part-time work in a grocery store.

For some reason, I couldn't publish this yesterday, so I copied and pasted it into a Word document and am trying again today. Hope it works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig,

Did you see all the interviews by Dylan, Baez and so on in Mojo last month ? It was an interesting issue. In the same issue Guy Clark's CD Workbench Songs was recommended. I picked it up and am glad I did.

BDG

Anonymous said...

Craig,

Did you see all the interviews by Dylan, Baez and so on in Mojo last month ? It was an interesting issue. In the same issue Guy Clark's CD Workbench Songs was recommended. I picked it up and am glad I did.

BDG