Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday, and Recovered from the Stupor Bowl

iPod morning commute music: Brinsley Schwarz, Nervous on the Road/The New Favourites of Brinsley Schwarz (1975 on record, I'm not sure on CD)

Brinsley Schwarz was the name of a British pub-rock band that recorded in the '70s. I first learned about them clicking on links at allmusic.com. I was checking up on Nick Lowe, and they linked him to this band. I liked what I read, and bought this, a single CD combining 2 of their albums, from 1972 and 1974, respectively, and a greatest hits (Surrender to the Rhythm, 1991). After they split up, Lowe went on to help form Rockpile with Dave Edmunds before embarking on a solo career. He also produced much of the early Elvis Costello. A couple of other members, including Brinsley himself (guitar) joined up with Graham Parker's backup band, The Rumour. All of what I've mentioned is great rock 'n' roll.

And while I may be doing better, I'm still not much in the mood for talking football.

No comments: