Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Poor Sports Day

iPod morning commute music: The Beatles, 1 (2000)
Actually, I've been in a Beatles mood since Monday, when I listened to Revolver (1966) on my way home. Yesterday, it was Abbey Road (1969) during my morning commute, and Past Masters Vol. 2 (1988)on the evening run. The Beatles are the cornerstone of my CD collection as well as my musical taste. 1 is a pretty good place to start, but one really needs to hear the individual albums. Rock and pop music is where it is today because of the Beatles. They can still send shivers up my spine.

Yesterday, my school had an in-school junior high sports day. One of the 9th grade classes decided they were being screwed over, not getting any breaks, and walked out of the competition. Of course, they were being treated the same as everyone else. They just couldn't accept losing because other teams were better. They lost because the refs had it in for them.

I keep reading in the paper about sport stars getting busted for doping, or complaining for no reason (T.O.), or beating up on their wife or girlfriend. Of course, none of this is their fault.

The Winter Olympic games are starting up soon. I hope the players and the public can remember sportsmanship, courtesy and grace. And may I be forgiven for whatever boorish behavior I show during the Superbowl.

Go Seahawks!

No comments: