Monday, July 10, 2006

Finishing Up the Paperwork

iPod morning commute music: Robert Johnson, The Complete Recordings, disc 2 (1990)

This was the first box set I ever bought. I was so dumb, I threw away the box, saving the booklet and the discs in their jewel cases. Just wanted to save space. These two discs contain everything Johnson record, all in the mid-1930s. Just the man, his voice, his songs and, most importantly, his guitar. The myth is that he sold his soul to the devil down at the crossroads in exchange for his blues guitar playing. Extremely important music.

Got my marks in the computer, and will return the tests shortly. Hopefully, I'll be finishing up today. Then I just need to pack up my desk and things for the move. That job will get underway on Thursday, after the senior high students get their test back. Tuesday and Wednesday I'm taking a holiday.

I'm shipping two boxes of books back to my house, a 20 volume Japanese dictionary styled, I guess, after the Oxford English Dictionary. They're for my wife, of course. It'll cost about $25, but each book weighs about 5 lbs., so I think it's worth the expense.

Tonight I'll be meeting my friend Gib for some beers, maybe a bite to eat. Should be fun. He's getting back from a conference in Kyushu, so he should be all dressed up. Poor bastard, in this heat.

No comments: