Saturday, January 07, 2006

Back to Work Blues

Happy New Years to everyone! I hope you had good holidays. We ushered in the new year at my in-laws' house, watching awful Japanese TV, playing cards, drinking wine. We returned home, and I could watch three Bowl games live on satellite TV (Fiesta, Orange and Rose Bowls, to be exact). The Rose Bowl was one of the best football games I have ever seen.

And then, yesterday, back to work, where we had a teachers' meeting. Today we had opening ceremonies.

One of the real drawbacks to where I live is having to get up at 5:00 am every workday. When I'm in the rhythm, no problem, but over vacations I get very lackadaisical about getting up, 7:00 on a good day, 9 or 10 on a lazy one. Switching back to work mode is like jet lag. For example, there is no "iPod morning commute music" today because I just fell asleep on the train as soon as I got on. Last night, I took a nap directly after dinner. I'm exhausted!

Fortunately, the next two days are off, and Tuesday and Wednesday are test days, so I don't have to actually teach anything until Thursday. With the seniors gone, I only have 7 classes per week as well (I had 10 lessons with the seniors), so I'll have some down time between now and April, when the new school year begins.

No comments: