Saturday, January 14, 2006

Entrance Exam

iPod morning commute music: N/A due to the early hours of my commute and general lack of sleep.

Today is my school's junior high entrance exam. Needing to be at school by 7:50 this morning (as opposed to the usual 8:25), I dutifully left the house at 5:55 (as opposed to the usual 6:20) to catch a train at 6:20. This should have been no problem, but I ran into a mini traffic jam which I couldn't get around (I can pass 1 car, on a good stretch of road 2, but not 4). I missed my train by 2 minutes, which caused me to be 5 minutes late for school.

My job today was to broadcast the instructions in Japanese to start and stop each of the 4 exams. It is a stupidly easy job. I'm now hanging out with all the teachers waiting for the meeting to decide who will be invited to join our school. Last years meeting started late, at 8 pm, and finished at 10:00. It is 5:10, and we still have no idea when it will start.

I need to take a nap.

No comments: