Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Last of the Tests and Poem #2

iPod morning commute music: Neil Diamond, Glory Road (1968-1972), disc 1 (1992)

Listening to Neil Diamond is something everyone should do once, maybe twice a year at the most. His classic hits still send chills up my spine, and he really was a masterful pop singer. Unfortunately, this set doesn't have his earliest hit from Bang records (which I really need to get somehow), and the second disc moves into music I really don't like. Sigh...but every time I hear Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show, I forgive myself the purchase. Not to mention Sweet Caroline.

Today was the last day of tests, and I finished the marking, though I still have to do some calculations to get final grades. That I can do at home, so I'll take Monday off and work from there. We start returning tests on Tuesday. Blah blah blah.

Poem #2

December's first snow
falls in thick white wet clusters
onto a waning

autumn, where trees cling
to their last colored leaves in
stubborn resistance

against time's soft nudge
until an icy wind whirls
up through the valley

whispering winter
and the countryside shudders,
concedes and conforms

No comments: