Monday, December 05, 2005

Winter has Arrived

iPod morning commute music: Eric Clapton, Crossroads, disc 2 (1988)

Same as Friday, starting with Cream, ending with Derek and the Dominos. Layla still wrenches my heart every time I hear it.

I finally had a weekend to relax. On Saturday, we took in the new Harry Potter film. It was great. I still think Alphonso Cuaron's vision in Prisoner of Azkaban made it the best of the series...the camera swooping through the clockworks was absolutely thrilling...but Goblet of Fire held its own. Rowling's books, and therefore the films, just keep getting darker and darker. Ralph Fiennes makes a remarkable Lord Voldemort. Highly recommended.

I had the weird job of writing up a short biographical sketch of myself for the TOEIC book: How to reduce your life to 7 or 8 sentences. You have to leave out a lot, like puberty, high school, love, death...any topics Woody Allen might find interesting you just have to skip. I wrote about myself in such a way that I sound boring (which, of course, most of you discovered about 20 posts ago!).

Classes finished today, with 2nd term's final exams starting tomorrow. 10 of my 17 classes are 12th grade, which means that I won't see them again as they are graduating. Which means my teaching load goes from 17 classes per week to 7, starting January. This I can live with.

No comments: