Sunday, October 16, 2005

First post

What a past couple of weeks. Coaching a JH speech contestant, hitting the JALT conference in Shizuoka, attending the speech contest (my student advanced to the Tokyo contest), sports day. I took today off from work to relax. Watched the White Sox kick the Angels around. Got an e-mail from Susan telling me that JB and Suzie are finally getting married around Christmas, the first marriage for both of them. We were all Thesbians in high school together. I gave them a call, first time to talk to them in over a year since the last time I was in the States. Then made a COSTCO run. Hard to believe we have a COSTCO in Amagasaki, about an hour away from the house. Lifestyle in Japan has certainly change in the 22 years I've been here. It was pissing down rain, but the drive was OK, though the store was jammed with Saturday shoppers. Picked up my daughter, Alisa, at our train station on the way home. She took her first PSAT today, then watched her school's boy's volleyball team win the international school tournament. Came home, had a beer, created this blog for better or for worse. Hopefully it will get better in the future. Now to watch Scorsese's No Direction Home with son Tatsu, a 17 year old Dylan fan. Cheers!

No comments: