Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Hanshin Pussycats

iPod morning commute music: Radiohead, The Bends
My first Radiohead CD was their third, OK Computer; the reviews were so good, I figured I had to give it a listen. Obviously, a special band, but it was their second album, The Bends, that really got to me with its shimmering vocals and outstanding guitar. I like all their music, but The Bends remains my favorite.

Last night the Hanshin Tigers baseball team dropped their third straight game against the Marines, this time by a score of 1 to 10 (they lost their first 1 to 10, their second 0 to 10). This is pathetic. I'm walking around my school singing a variation of Tom Jones' What's New Pussycat, much to the amusement of the Japanese staff. It's hard to take our team seriously when they've been outscored 30 to 2.

No comments: