Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

iPod morning commute music: Steve Forbert, The Best of Steve Forbert: What Kinda Guy? (1993)

When Forbert's first album, Alive on Arrival, was released in 1978, I really did think we had a new major folk star on our hands. However, he wanted to be a rocker, and that's where he went on his second album, Jackrabbit Slim (1979). I saw him at the Paramount Theater in Seattle that year, and he put on a great show. Unfortunately, most of his studio albums haven't been well received, so this greatest hits fills a big gap.

Halloween is another American holiday adopted by Japanese. No trick or treating, but parents buy plastic pumpkins filled with candies for their kids, and my high school club is having a party in a classroom today. It is a holiday I miss. I liked kids dressed up in costume showing up at my door.

No comments: