Monday, March 27, 2006

A Kind of Vacation

iPod morning commute music: N/A (vacation mode, sort of)

However, I did make a recent CD purchase of note: The New York Dolls, Rock 'n Roll (1994)

As I mentioned when I wrote about Bowie, I was never into the image glam rock at the time it was popular (nor punk, for that matter), and missed some great music on the first time round because of it. This is just another example of a really cool band that I never gave a chance! Punk before punk was invented, it is all cool music, rough and dirty. I'm glad to finally be listening to it.

I've spent the last two days working on teaching schedules for the part-time teachers and myself. Missing the first week of school means I'm forced to miss a few days of vacation (I'll miss more once the British kids and teachers arrive). I think I'll be able to finish up all the necessary prep tomorrow at school.

Tatsu and I went to see the movie Crash the other day. I have to admit, this is my kind of film. Excellent performances all the way around, and superb editing (for which it won an Academy Award).

No comments: