Wednesday, March 22, 2006

World Champions

iPod morning commute music: N/A

Today I came into town with my wife and daughter. I don't know, it just seems rude to me to listen to music when with other people (unless they are doing the same). I feel the same about text messaging. I don't think reading is rude, though, so there's probably some generational prejudice in my way of thinking.

I came in today thinking it would be my last day, but actually, tomorrow is. Oh, well, I got the English Communication Handbook printed and stapled, with only two typos that I can see. I blame Word for one, though. We used to refer to our subject as OC (Oral Communication), but it's been changed to EC. My first draft used OC throughout, so I ran a Find and Replace: change OC to EC. Unfortunately, the damn program isn't case sensitive, so it replaced ANY OC to EC. I caught all but one; 'located' now reads 'lECcated'. Anyway, too late to fix it now, except for the saved file.

Yesterday, my daughter and I watched the final game of the World Baseball Classic, Japan VS Cuba. It was a great game, and everyone who loves baseball here is thrilled that Japan won 10-6, becoming truly the World Champions. I agree with an NY Times article I read in today's International Herald Tribune: MLB needs to rename the World Series, or as I like to call it, the World Serious. And Team USA should take a closer look to see real teamwork.

No comments: