Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Winter Returns

iPod morning commute music: The Blue Box: The Best of Blue Note, disc 1 (1997)

As those into jazz already know, Blue Note records is one of the pioneers in jazz recordings. This 4-CD box set is a generous overview of their recording history, beginning in 1939 and running through the '90s. Cool, cool stuff, and good for a person like me who likes jazz but doesn't know jazz.

We had the graduation church service today. The students were restless, a bit talkative. Afterwards, I went to school and had to rework our native teachers' teaching schedule for next year. Information I should have received in December was given to me for the first time today: forcing the rewrite. Sigh.

Winter has returned. It was snowing at my place both yesterday and today, with the roads a bit icy this morning. Having come of age in Eastern Washington, I learned to drive in snow, so it doesn't bother me too much. Still, slipping and sliding down the road is never pleasant.

I think I can leave early today. Like now. Sayonara!

No comments: