Monday, November 21, 2005

Another Weekend Down, Another Week to Go

iPod morning commute music: Neil Young, Decade, disc 1 (1977)

Neil Young is one of my favorite artists, but I didn't really begin buying his albums until the mid '70s. This 2-disc collection covers his work from 1966-1976, including his songs with Buffalo Springfield and CSNY. These songs, especially the earlier ones, are the songs that cemented his reputation, and the various styles that he still employs, from folk rock solo albums to hard rock collaborations with Crazy Horse, are well represented.

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days. We're in crunch time at work, the end of second term looming ahead, with exams needing to be written, recorded (listening tests), printed and, finally, corrected. On top of all this, I've lost weekend prep time, with last Saturday's recitation contest (Judge Craig here) followed by a farewell party to our friend, Mo, who is moving to LA (nice party, but Kaoru and I didn't make it home till just after 1 a.m.). Sunday was another dental appointment at 9 a.m. (not one of my better moments) with a Democrats Abroad Japan-Kansai meeting from 3:30. I was on the officer's election committee, and yesterday was the final count and announcement of winners. As there was only 1 candidate per position, all won by landslides.

In between the dentist and the Democrats, I managed to cobble together my 9th grade final exam, finishing it off in the evening after returning home. My weekend ended with the TV show Lost (episode 3...it just started on satellite here in Japan).

A final note: I just saw some loony went on a shooting spree in the Tacoma Mall today. Gun control politics aside, I hope none of my readers were hurt, and pray for the recovery of those who were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented in days. We had conferences last week, which I use to try to get down all the things I can't do while kids are present. I got quite a bit done, but my goal of getting my desk cleaned off had to go by the wayside. It's still a mess. Actually, it's a more organized mess than it was, but still a mess. Hope to get a little more of it down this short week.

We only have two days of school this week: Monday and Tuesday. We get off for Thanksgiving week. Our school has chosen to take the whole day on Wednesday rather than get out early. Makes it rather nice to have an extra day to do all the preparation. It will be a quiet group this year. No kids: Meredith and Aaron are in Portland, and Justin is having Thanksgiving with his in-laws. If it wasn't for my 82 year old mother, I would probably opt to go to Portland and spend the weekend with Aaron and Meredith. However, I have an arthritis appointment on Wednesday, which takes about 3-4 hours, so we wouldn't be able to go until it was getting dark. I absolutely hate driving the gorge this time of year in the dark.

Hope you have a better week.

S

craiginjapan said...

Jeez, Susan, no need to worry about posting. I'm not even consistant, and it's my blog! I do appreciate your comments, though.

Have to run!

C.