Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wednesday here, Election Day there

iPod morning commute music: Richard and Linda Thompson, Shoot Out the Lights (1982)
This is just another of so many albums I came to hear only after moving to Japan. While I'd heard of Fairport Convention, for whom Richard Thompson played guitar in the '60s, I didn't actually hear any of their albums until sometime in the early '90s. They led me to this, a 5-star classic guitar rock album recorded with his wife as their marriage was falling apart. Essential listening.

I've been getting some comments and e-mails concerning the election in Washington State. Obviously, it's attracting a lot of voters, which is good, especially if the voters are informed. My old high school buddy (and Republican-leaning)Mitch was pleased that we were in accord with the smoking and gas initiatives. Unfortunately, I think both of those could pass. Wait and see.

This will be a short entry today, as I have to eat lunch early due to a meeting over the scheduled lunch hour. More tomorrow on the election results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The smoking ban seems to be passing in all parts of the state, but the gas tax repeal is to close to tell. Both malpractice initiatives failed.

This is short, as I think I broke my finger and am having a hard time typing at all. I smashed it in a window yesterday. Still throbs today, as well.

S.

craiginjapan said...

Sorry about your finger. Alisa broke her middle finger of her left hand (always an unfortunate finger to have highlighted with a splint and bandage) playing basketball (she's also left-handed). Her doctor says it will be at least 3 weeks before the finger will be healed.

C.