Monday, May 29, 2006

100 Posts and Still Counting

iPod morning commute music: Jack Johnson, Brushfire Fairytales (2001)

My son, Tatsu, likes Jack Johnson a lot, and put a couple of his albums on my iPod. Today was the first time I actually listened to a whole album. I have to admit, he's good, but I think I prefer hearing his songs one at a time, in shuffle mode, then as a whole album. There is a sameness there. Still, it's good morning music, quiet and bluesy.

A short weekend, having worked on Saturday, where I read in the International Herald Tribune that the tax cut Congress extended and Bush signed into law increases taxes for ex-pats like myself (actually, it's hard to say if I will really be affected by this). It is unusual for an industrial country to tax its those living abroad, as we have to pay taxes in the country we live. In effect, we are being taxed twice on a single income.

Last night, Tatsu departed for Thailand for 8 days (returning next Monday evening). 15 students and 2 teachers went to a school called the Prem Center in Chiang Mai. They will do quite a bit of sightseeing, but will also spend 2 days in a tribal villiage doing community service, helping to build a road and a drainage system. The weather there doesn't look particularly great for their visit, but I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Finally, this is my 100th post. Amazing anyone is still reading them!

No comments: