Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Just Another Tuesday, Ruby

iPod morning commute music: Jeff Beck, Blow by Blow (1975)

Jeff Beck is one helluva guitarist, and this is a great instrumental album. My only other Beck album is a greatest hits, The Best of Beck, though he's of course on my Yardbird's compilation, Ultimate. Why don't I have more? I guess Beck's a little quirky for my taste. Regardless, Blow by Blow is a great set of songs, and a worthy addition to any collection.

I'm really feeling lazy in today's heat. I taught 4 so-so lessons, not bad but not great. The students' energy levels are down, too. Two student teachers observed my second period class, which was at least better than my first period class, when I taught the lesson for the first time and made adjustments to the lesson plan on the fly.

A friend of mine contacted me yesterday. He wants to talk about problems at work. I'll try to meet him this afternoon. Joe's a nice guy, and we rode the train into work together for years, but since April Japan Railroad changed their schedule, and suddenly my commute became hell. My solution? Change the commute. I'm now taking earlier trains, so haven't been able to meet up with Joe. Routines are meant to be changed, or they become ruts.

No comments: