Monday, June 12, 2006

Alive and Kicking

iPod morning commute music: not applicable

This morning was just not a music morning! All I wanted to do was sleep on the train, and I didn't need rock n' roll to keep me awake. I read a little bit before crashing, but crash I did.

One of the nice things about my commute is that I can crash, as I've mentioned before. My station is the first (or final, when coming home) station, and I ride the train to the last (or first, when coming home) station. In the rush hours there is an express train which runs station to station, so I don't have to change trains. It takes 45 minutes, plenty of time for a good nap.

Today, it was a nap I needed! Yesterday was busy, with my daughter's classmate's birthday/sayonara party at the Hard Rock Cafe (cocktails), followed by a Democrats Abroad Japan/Kansai meeting (beer). I met Kaoru and Alisa after the meeting at the beer stand in front of the station (more beer). We got home, and I relaxed (red wine). I think this will be an easy week for not drinking alcohol!

The Seattle Mariners are doing so well I hesitate to write about them as there is no wood to knock! They swept the Angels, and their bats seem to have come alive. Of course, here in Japan it's World Cup Fever, but fortunately the Cup games are on in the middle of the night, with baseball on in mid-morning. I saw Friday's game (Saturday here, and half of Saturday's (Sunday's) game before heading out for the Hard Rock; I got to see Sexson's grand slam, but missed Ichiro's 3-run homer.

And now back to work.

No comments: