Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday Thinking Weekend

iPod morning commute music: The Buzzcocks, Singles Going Steady, UK version (2001)

OK, I just picked this up yesterday afternoon and it isn't on my iPod yet. I did listen to it on my drive to the station this morning, so at least it's morning commute music.

This is a CD I've been meaning to buy for the last several years, but because it's music that I never actually heard before yesterday, I just kept overlooking it. Not wise. This is really good punk rock, not angry but anguished looks at love. This collection of singles was originally released in the States in 1979 to support the Buzzcocks' first US tour. This UK reissue includes 8 bonus tracks. I have yet to listen to the whole disc, but what I've heard so far is just great, more Clash than Sex Pistols.

Yesterday was our senior high Sports Day, held in a city-run sports stadium. It went well, but the gym was hot and humid (as was the weather outside). You could feel the low pressure system moving in, and sure enough, today is rain. Not a good day for doing things, but a great day for looking forward to the busy weekend.

Today I plan to pay for our plane tickets to the States. Between international school and flights home every other year, it's no wonder we can't save any money! This year the tickets are even more expensive due to the high cost of fuel. I know, bitch and moan, sorry.

I'll just try to get home and put on the Buzzcocks. That'll make me feel better!

No comments: