Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Leach Stories, Wedding Anniversary, Scary Date

iPod morning commute music: Norah Jones, Come Away With Me (2002)

Is there anyone who doesn't know this album? Quiet, acoustic, jazzy but tinged with country, pop and a little soul, it is extremely nice morning music (for some reason, these days I want quiet morning commute music; I just keep skipping over Nirvana!). I keep wanting to hear country group she's in, The Little Willies, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I talked to my son last night, when he called from his grandparents' house near the Kansai International Airport. It sounds like he had a pretty good time in Thailand. He did somehow get 5 leaches on him, and said he actually lost blood because of them. They must have been pretty mean leaches.

I remember getting leaches on me only once, and for the life of me I can't remember where or when. What I do remember is they were small, gray, sluggish looking things that dangled from my legs. We got them off by lighting a match and touching them with the hot match head; they just dropped off. I don't remember any blood, and they were disgusting enough without the blood.

More on Tatsu's trip later. I'm meeting him in Umeda late this afternoon, and we'll come home together (along with Alisa, who will meet us at our station).

Today is my second 19th wedding anniversary, our formal Japanese church anniversary: June 6th, which of course in 6/6/06 or 666, satanic happenings! Fortunately, my wife is no devil.

No comments: