Friday, June 30, 2006

Fried Friday

iPod morning commute music: Beck; Sea Change (2002)

Readers of this blog have probably picked up on the lack of any true rap/hip-hop music in my collection. I do have some, but it is not a genre I love. Beck, I love. I bought Odelay after it won a Grammy just to see what all the hype was about, and quickly "two turntables and a microphone" got stuck in my head forever. Sea Change is something else again, a sad but beautiful album about breaking up. Mature music from a maturing (32 at the time) Beck. Soft, haunting stuff.

Yesterday I was too busy to blog; sorry about that! I was working on final exams, plus had to take a business trip with another teacher to visit a junior high school to help promote our school. Not one of my favorite things to do, but infinitely better than going to the dentist, where the treatment for my infected gum was to cut out the infected gum (OK, area of the gum). The dentist called it cleaning, but trust me, it was NOT cleaning. I have to go back today to have it disinfected again.

This afternoon, Tatsu is hosting 12 of his classmates for a BBQ party at out house. Both Kaoru and I are working, so he's on his own. I just hope it doesn't rain, and that he can manage to get the charcoal lit.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend, but know it will probably be anything but. The family flies in four days.

No comments: