Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Slow Slide Down Thursday

iPod morning commute music: Ringo Starr, Ringo (1973)

I actually like Ringo, not enough to own a bunch of albums (only 2, to be exact, this and 1992's Time Takes Time), but enough that he's on my iPod. This album is a lot of fun, and he has a lot of support (John, Paul, and George all help out, and also Harry Nilsson, members of The Band, Steve Cropper, Billy Preston [who just passed away yesterday at 59!] to name just a few). Produced by Richard Perry, it has the same sort of weird tinges that the Perry-produced Nilsson albums Nilsson Schmilsson (1971) and Son of Schmilsson (1972, which featured 'Richie Snare' on drums and 'George Harrysong' on slide guitar). Fun music.

Today, we met our new Language Lab assistant, a nice woman, first name of Sae. She's replacing Yoko, who started in April and is resigning to move back to the States to work for Disney World or Land or whatever. The LL assistant has a hard job, about to become harder when we move into our 3 new computer aided LL's in September. I hope Sae will stay for awhile; it's hard training new assistants.

I guess I should confess that I'm back on the Craig Diet, and have been for just over 3 weeks and have lost 2.6 kg. (around 5 lbs.). For those who don't know, the Craig Diet says I can eat anything I want for my meals, but can't stuff myself. I am not allowed to drink alcohol Monday~Thursday, and snacks after dinner are discouraged. Friday~Sunday, no rules apply. Escalators, while not forbidden, are frowned upon when stairs are available.

Such is life.

No comments: